We’re offering two lucky winners an exclusive goody bag and free ticket to watch COAT by Yomi Ṣode at Africa Writes 2018!
What’s in the goody bag?
Here’s the list of goodies to snack on;
- A signed copy of COAT play book launching at the festival;
- One of the limited wooden #COATshow cooking spoons;
- Yomi Ṣode’s first EP and album; and
- One free ticket to see COAT at Africa Writes 2018
All these goodies will be packaged with love in this year’s festival tote bag!
Interested? Great! Enter the Africa Writes x COAT raffle before 20 June for your chance to win! The two winners will be randomly selected.
Entry criteria for Africa Writes x COAT competition;
- Must be 16 years and older to enter the competition;
- Entrant must be able to travel to the British Library on 29 June to collect their winning prize before the show;
- Deadline 27 June 2018. 23:59 BST.
- Any questions please write to Marcelle Akita on email@example.com
Friday 29 June, British Library
20:00 – 21:00 (Doors at 19:30)
Yomi Ṣode opens Africa Writes 2018 with a special performance of his previously sold-out show. Picture this: Nigeria. A grandmother passes. London, a son cooks a pot of stew for his mother hoping to uncover hidden stories and unanswered questions.
“I don’t know my grandparents names, how embarrassing is that. But I can name all of Kanye’s albums”
Coat is an honest and emotional story of Junior. Born in Nigeria, he leaves at the age of 9 and heads to London, leaving behind a life that he loved and was settled in.
“Home is no stranger, you are an African man and you have responsibilities as the eldest grandchild”
Suitable for ages 16+